Energy is responsible for almost three quarters of worldwide greenhouse gas emissions. To reduce these emissions and fight climate change, more and more sectors of the economy are electrifying, and the production of this electricity is shifting towards wind and solar power. As this happens, power grids must maintain their key property of always perfectly balancing electricity supply and demand — an increasingly difficult task as more and more of the supply is influenced by the weather.
Dexter Energy Services is an Amsterdam-based scale-up that’s solving this problem using AI-based forecasting and optimization services for energy companies. Our software makes renewables more predictable and profitable, helping push fossil fuels out of the market, and speeding up the energy transition.
Following our recent Series A funding round, we are currently accelerating the growth of our company, and we are looking for a Team Assistant to join our diverse team of curious, ambitious and highly-skilled people.
As part of our Operations team, you will closely work with our Management Team, Finance Lead and future People/Engineering Manager(s). You will be a supporting force in various ways and assist your colleagues in multiple activities. This position starts as a part time job (16-24 hours per week) but can grow into a full time position. Beside an employee agreement, we are also open for a consulting agreement for freelancers.
- You have a proactive attitude and like to work independently.
- Service, care and helping team members come naturally to you.
- You can quickly switch between different tasks and have no trouble with change.
- You like to work in a fast-moving, small team that supports the entire company.
Read more below.
What you will be working on
- External communication.
- Support in communication activities (LinkedIn posts, adjusting text on website, organizing presentation materials, etc.).
- Supporting our Management Team (plan internal/external meetings, help with applications, providing accounts with information, etc.).
- Office management
- Purchasing office needs.
- Contact with cleaning and landlord.
- Organizing lunch and snacks.
- Giving the plants some TLC.
- Purchasing hardware and keeping inventory list up-to-date.
- Helping team members to onboard.
- General support in events & planning.
- Organizing team activities and ‘borrels’.
- Prepare for & attend fairs.
2+ years’ experience in similar positions.
Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English.
Associate degree or Bachelor degree in a Management study.
Working at Dexter
- Work in a clean-tech scale-up that has an impact on the environment.
- Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team.
- Make decisions quickly in a low hierarchy environment.
- Learn a lot of things in a short time, from colleagues who are excited to share their knowledge (about the energy industry or other topics).
- Collaborate within an ambitious team, which also values a healthy work-life balance. We encourage you to plan work around the hobbies you want to pursue!
If you are interested in learning more about this position and what Dexter Energy Services can offer to you then please get in contact:
Marijke Zeevenhooven (email@example.com / +31 6 21 66 21 61)
Dexter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.