Dexter is a scale-up company from Amsterdam helping energy companies to make the energy transition towards a cleaner energy future more affordable. We do this by providing power forecasts and trading algorithms to optimize the short-term trading cycle and therefore enable the system to handle more renewable power.
Early 2021 we will close our Series A round, aiming to accelerate our growth. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our diverse team of curious, ambitious and bright people.
You will be part of the platform team, and help all other teams (load forecasting, imbalance forecasting, price forecasting) achieve their goals. You will help them with tricky problems, and make sure our ML workloads, API backend, and streaming data infrastructure run smoothly. You’ll be the right hand of the CTO and indispensable to everyone else.
Something about you
- Love containerized applications and have experience building and deploying them, preferably on k8s.
- Want to help others by building the best foundations.
- Intuitively understand the principles behind distributed systems.
- Are enthusiastic about using Python to solve even the hardest problems.
Read more below
Other jobs at Dexter
What you will be working on
Deploying containerized applications to our Kubernetes cluster, monitoring and improving them.
Work on our custom Redis-backed streaming data pipelines.
Help develop our in-house Python machine learning libraries responsible for data sourcing/cleaning, systematic experimentation, and model training/prediction.
Diagnose any (performance) issues in our API or database, batch prediction workloads, streaming pipelines, or other parts of our distributed application infrastructure.
Help all teams achieve their scalability and uptime goals.
Improve tooling for automated (performance) monitoring, alerting, and integration testing.
- We are a clean-tech scale-up from Amsterdam.
- 4 Years work experience in a professional software engineering environment.
- Experience running containerized distributed applications, preferably with k8s.
- Using a Linux environment on a daily basis.
- Experience using modern CI/CD systems and best practices.
- Understanding of web application/API development.
- Extensive experience using Python.
BSc or MSc degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or similar technical field of study.
8 Years of work experience in a professional software engineering environment.
Proven track record of shipping commercially successful software platforms and/or best-in-class technologies.
Experience with building SaaS products with a focus on providing data insights that have scaled to many hundreds of customers.
What we offer
- Work in a clean-tech scale-up that has an impact on the environment.
- Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team.
- Low hierarchy and quick decision making.
- Open culture where learning quickly is key.
- The most modern stack (all our microservices run natively on managed kubernetes), epic CI/CD (all repos have ci/cd), all code has documentation. We follow best practices to the bone.
Our goal: Create great software and algorithms that accelerate the energy transition. We do that by using machine learning and cloud technology to provide data services to energy companies.
We are small and agile and aim for scalable products. We believe that our clients find our personal and custom-made approach vital. This means lots of responsibility and a can-do-mentality.
We are very ambitious, and we like to play. Therefore we encourage you to plan work around the hobbies you want to pursue.
We are a clean-tech scale-up from Amsterdam.