Energy is responsible for almost three quarters of worldwide greenhouse gas emissions. To reduce these emissions and fight climate change, more and more sectors of the economy are electrifying, and the production of this electricity is shifting towards wind and solar power. As this happens, power grids must maintain their key property of always perfectly balancing electricity supply and demand — an increasingly difficult task as more and more of the supply is influenced by the weather.
Dexter Energy is an Amsterdam-based startup that’s solving this problem using AI-based forecasting and optimization services for energy companies. Our software makes renewables more predictable and profitable, helping push fossil fuels out of the market, and speeding up the energy transition.
Following our recent Series A funding round, we are currently accelerating the growth of our company, and we are looking for a Software Integrations Engineer to join our diverse team of curious, ambitious and highly-skilled people.
As part of our load forecasting team, you will be responsible for assisting customers in integrating with our API, enabling them to access the machine learning models that forecast electricity production (by solar and wind parks) and consumption (by households and large-scale users). Our customers manage thousands of renewable assets, and optimize them every day using our Software as a Service forecasting products.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a passion for technology to gain valuable experience working on varied technology platforms with multiple customers and be a part of a highly innovative AI business as it scales and grows. You will work primarily on customer integrations for at least one full year, with the potential to grow into a position in our platform or MLOps teams later in your career at Dexter.
- You are excited to join a company that is working towards a cleaner energy future.
- You thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment and are motivated to keep learning new things.
- You are a self-sufficient Python developer and are looking for a place to grow your software engineering skills.
- You are a great communicator who can explain technical concepts to customers with varying levels of programming knowledge.
Read more below.
What you might be working on
- Assisting new customers who are integrating with our infrastructure, which may involve explaining concepts in our REST API, answering technical questions, and validating the correctness and stability of their integrations (data integrity, data update frequency, etc.).
- Assisting customers in their operational usage of our platform (changing their portfolios in our backend, helping them retrieve forecasts, etc.).
- Writing and maintaining code to integrate with customer’s infrastructure (in the rare case that the customer does not run this code themselves).
- Updating our Django + Postgres API and maintaining its customer-facing documentation and usage guides / tutorials.
- Maintaining our (internal) Python API client package.
Highly skilled Graduate or Junior Software Engineer.
BSc Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
Familiarity with Python, including numpy, pandas, data visualization libraries, and automated testing.
Experience with REST APIs, including programmatic usage and through e.g. Postman.
Fluent in both English and Dutch.
Working at Dexter
- Work in a clean-tech scale-up that has an impact on the environment.
- Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team.
- Make decisions quickly in a low hierarchy environment.
- Learn a lot of things in a short time, from colleagues who are excited to share their knowledge (about the energy industry, software engineering, or anything else).
- Get to work in a modern Python + Docker + k8s microservices-based stack, with a well-tested codebase, standardized CI/CD pipelines, and passionately maintained documentation. We follow best practices to the bone and love to write great software!
- Collaborate within an ambitious team, which also values a healthy work-life balance. We encourage you to plan work around the hobbies that you want to pursue!
If you are interested in learning more about this position and what Dexter Energy Services can offer to you then please get in contact:
Jordan Cantlow, email@example.com / +31 855 607 326
Dexter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.