Our first modules have gone live, but now we need to build new blocks to forecast new energy flows. As a Machine Learning Engineer you will build new forecasting algorithms. If you are self-sufficient and have some experience in time-series forecasting, then this job is for you.
Something about you
- Python and Tensorflow is our stack. But to be precise: Docker, Python, Tensorflow, Panda’s, Bokeh, Scikit, Airflow, PyTorch, SQL and NoSQL databases. Your focus will be on building our building blocks in Python, build API connections and create workflows in Airflow. This can change from week to week as we build what needs to be built, based on your and our insights and based on what our customer needs.
- You are excited about working with big time-series datasets. Having experience in software engineering is a pré.
- Customer delivery and therefore pragmatism is our number one priority. However, number two is scalable. Wherever possible, you will build our system with lego blocks that can be re-used in other projects.
- Domain knowledge in energy or engineering is a plus.
- You like to write white papers? Even better!
What we can offer you
Work in clean-tech and have an impact on the environment.
Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team.
Low hierarchy and quick decision making.
Open culture where learning quickly is key (especially faster than our competitors).
With retention comes a piece of the pie.
Something about us
- We are a clean-tech start-up (location a bit undecided where to strike down). Our goal: Create awesome technologies that accelerate the energy transition. We do that by using ML software to create services to energy retailers and large-scale energy-related asset managers.
- We are still small and agile and aim for scalable stuff. We believe that our clients find our personal and custom-made approach vital. This means lots of responsibility, a can-do-mentality and sometimes build something that you haven’t done before.
- We are very ambitious. And we like to play. Liking your own life is more important than the short-term output of us as individuals. Therefore we encourage you to plan work around the hobbies you want to pursuit.
- Here’s a bit more about Dexter and what we do and who we are.
What you will be doing
You will work with us and our partners to design and implement ML algorithms and forecast time-series.
You should be able to build robust, automatic and scalable products to forecast short-term electricity prices, sustainable energy production and electricity consumption. Haven’t done that yet? No problem, we’ll show you.
You will be working closely together with our CTO and the software developers.