We have found our customers’ pain, developed a prototype solution and sold it. For the next step we need a skilled software engineer with some ML affinity that helps us build robust production code. If you are self-sufficient and have some experience in writing production code, then this the job for you.
Something about you
- Python and Tensorflow is our stack. But to be precise: Docker, Python, Tensorflow, Panda’s, Bokeh, Scikit, Airflow, PyTorch, SQL and NoSQL databases. Your focus will be on building our building blocks in Python, build API connections and create workflows in Airflow. This can change from week to week as we build what needs to be built, based on your and our insights and based on what our customer needs.
- You are able to code pragmatically. You can switch from highly effective to highly perfectionate. You see when code is badly written and know how to improve it. You can challenge us in making better software decisions.
- Customer delivery and therefore pragmatism is our number one priority. However, number two is scalable. Wherever possible, you will build our system with lego blocks that can be re-used in other projects.
- Domain knowledge in energy or engineering is a plus. As is experience in forecasting time-series or working with restless flask APIs.
- You like to write white papers? Even better!
What we can offer you
Work in clean-tech and have an impact on the environment.
Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team.
Low hierarchy and quick decision making.
Open culture where learning quickly is key (especially faster than our competitors).
With retention comes a piece of the pie.
Something about us
- We are a clean-tech start-up (location a bit undecided where to strike down). Our goal: Create awesome technologies that accelerate the energy transition. We do that by using ML software to create services to energy retailers and large-scale energy-related asset managers.
- We are still small and agile and aim for scalable stuff. We believe that our clients find our personal and custom-made approach vital. This means lots of responsibility, a can-do-mentality and sometimes build something that you haven’t done before.
- We are very ambitious. And we like to play. Liking your own life is more important than the short-term output of us as individuals. Therefore we encourage you to plan work around the hobbies you want to pursuit.
- Here’s a bit more about Dexter and what we do and who we are.
What you will be doing
Your main focus will be to write production code. The different components are based on one-off services we sell. The reusability should however be maintained as we expect to scale-up soon enough.
You make sure that our software architecture remains overseeable. You build new blocks, but help us improve the existing ones.
You will be working closely together with our head machine learning. He will be your sparring partner. Together you will be responsible of the whole system.