Dexter is a scale-up company from Amsterdam helping energy companies to make the energy transition towards a cleaner energy future more affordable. We do this by providing power forecasts and trading algorithms to optimize the short-term trading cycle and therefore enable the system to handle more renewable power using AI/machine learning and lots of data.
We are currently accelerating the growth of our company following our Series A funding, and are looking for an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join our diverse team of curious, ambitious and bright people.
As part of our platform team, you will join the team that builds and maintains the backbone of our platform. You will work on our API, customer-facing administration UI and custom-built dashboards, using technologies such as Python, Django, Kubernetes and Vue.js. Our services are hosted on Google Cloud Platform and our CI/CD pipelines are fully automated on Gitlab.
Something about you
- Worked with Python as the main language for the past 3+ years.
- Building great APIs and easy-to-use frontends is your passion.
- You have been responsible for full stack applications in production for at least some time in the past.
- You have an affinity with the clean energy sector and working within a data driven company.
What you will be working on
Building our UI with which customers manage their portfolios and interact with our forecasting and optimization products.
Backend development of our APIs.
Keeping our client libraries up to date.
Optimizing database schema and queries for fast response times.
Scaling and improving our backend infrastructure using Kubernetes.
Improving automated monitoring and alerting.
- 3+ years experience with Python.
- 2+ years experience with Django or other Python web frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge of Postgres or another relational database.
- Fulfilled some DevOps duties in the past.
- Understand how to properly secure an API.
- Have a good sense for design and basic UI principles.
Nice to have
DevOps experience with Kubernetes.
Worked within a data driven company and SaaS environment.
Affinity with Machine Learning.
What we offer
- Work in a clean-tech scale-up that has an impact on the environment.
- Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team.
- Low hierarchy and quick decision making.
- Open culture where learning quickly is key.
- The most modern stack (all our microservices run natively on managed k8s), standardized CI/CD, all code has documentation. We follow best practices to the bone!
- Opportunity to work in a company that is actively contributing to a greener world!
We are a clean-tech scale-up from Amsterdam.
We are driven by our combined goal to create great software and algorithms that accelerate the energy transition. We do this by using machine learning and cloud technology to provide data services to energy companies.
We are a small and agile team that aim to develop scalable products. We believe that our clients find our personal and custom-made approach vital. This means that there is a lot of responsibility and a can-do mentality.
We are a very ambitious team, and we like to play. We encourage you to plan work around the hobbies that you want to pursue!