Energy is responsible for almost three quarters of worldwide greenhouse gas emissions. To reduce these emissions and fight climate change, more and more sectors of the economy are electrifying, and the production of this electricity is shifting towards wind and solar power. As this happens, power grids must maintain their key property of always perfectly balancing electricity supply and demand — an increasingly difficult task as more and more of the supply is influenced by the weather.
Dexter Energy is an Amsterdam-based startup that’s solving this problem using AI-based forecasting and optimization services for energy companies. Our software makes renewables more predictable and profitable, helping push fossil fuels out of the market, and speeding up the energy transition.
Following our recent Series A funding round, we are currently accelerating the growth of our company, and we are looking for an Finance Professional to join our diverse team of curious, ambitious and highly-skilled people.
Your responsibility will be to make sure that the company has the correct, up-to-date and right set of financial & business information at hand in order to be in control and make (fast) strategic decisions. At the same time you will be taking initiatives to professionalise systems & processes so that Dexter can scale as quickly as possible. You will be working closely with the co-founders (CCO/CFO & CEO) and will be collaborating with our team assistant who is now responsible for administration & operations support.
Something about you
- You are a self-driven & highly motivated problem solver with super attention to detail.
- You are constantly looking to improve processes and take responsibility to get things done.
- You like to transform data crunching into a meaningful discussion.
What you will be working on?
- Oversee accounting processes (bookkeeping, subsidies, annual reporting, tax & payrolling).
- Build, own and run management reporting & control systems (maintain internal P&L, cashflow, balance sheet, budget variances, help prepare board meetings).
- Build, own and run financial planning (modeling & budgeting) inc. rolling revenue expectations and solid headcount.
- Improve financial & operational processes & systems in a scaling company.
- Choose & administer new finance & operations software & tools.
- Set up scalable CRM & invoicing system.
- Set up refined forward-looking KPI process.
- Own schemes (salary, pension, declarations).
- Set up scalable pricing tool.
- Charts galore :-).
- Build, own and run business driver analytics.
- Revenue analytics (MRR split & growth).
- Cost analytics (ABC).
- Product profitability.
- Advise on pricing & contracts.
- Assist in future financing rounds.
- Help drive revenue.
- Advise on pricing & large contracts.
- Provide meaningful analytics to optimise growth.
University degree in Finance, business administration or accounting, alternatively adequate business experience and a professional certification.
Advanced and well rounded Excel/spreadsheet skills.
Fluent in English and Dutch language is mandatory.
Have a strong knowledge of financial accounting standards.
Experience in business operations & finance.
Experience with VC-funded start-ups or environment with rapid growth.
Experience with product software companies.
Affinity with clean tech and/or the energy transition.
Have affinity with legal matters.
What we offer
- Work in a clean-tech scale-up that has an impact on the environment.
- Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team.
- Low hierarchy and quick decision making.
- Open culture where learning quickly is key.
- Coffee, lunch & drinks.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
- Choice First: Do your best work, in the way that works best for you.
- Attractive work-life balance culture (no strict working hours, 30 holidays (ex public holidays)).
- We are a clean-tech scale-up from Amsterdam.
- Our goal: Create great software and algorithms that accelerate the energy transition. We do that by using machine learning and cloud technology to provide data services to energy companies.
- We are small and agile and aim for scalable products. This means lots of responsibility and a can-do-mentality.
- We are very ambitious, and we like to play. Therefore we encourage you to plan work around the hobbies you want to pursue.
At Dexter we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, and religion (or lack thereof). Be yourself, we like you that way!