Energy is responsible for almost three quarters of worldwide greenhouse gas emissions. To reduce these emissions and fight climate change, more and more sectors of the economy are electrifying, and the production of this electricity is shifting towards wind and solar power. As this happens, power grids must maintain their key property of always perfectly balancing electricity supply and demand — an increasingly difficult task as more and more of the supply is influenced by the weather.
Dexter Energy is an Amsterdam-based startup that’s solving this problem using AI-based forecasting and optimization services for energy companies. Our software makes renewables more predictable and profitable, helping push fossil fuels out of the market, and speeding up the energy transition.
Following our recent Series A funding round, we are currently accelerating the growth of our company, and we are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our diverse team of curious, ambitious and highly-skilled people.
As part of our platform team, you are responsible for building out the infrastructure that powers our Software as a Service forecasting and optimization products. From diverse data ingest pipelines to the continued reliability of our customer-facing APIs, there are many interesting challenges for you to tackle as our company scales. You will use technologies such as Python, Redis, Airflow, and Kubernetes, as well as a variety of databases. Our services are hosted on Google Cloud Platform and our CI/CD pipelines are fully automated on Gitlab.
- You are excited to join a company that is working towards a cleaner energy future.
- You thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment and are motivated to keep learning new things.
- You care deeply about writing great software, following the latest best practices in terms of implementation details, documentation, and automated testing.
Read more below.
What you might be working on
Design, deploy, monitor and provide continuous improvement of containerized applications to our Kubernetes cluster.
Ongoing development and enhancement of our customer Redis-backed streaming data pipelines.
Full responsibility for the innovation of development of our tooling for automated monitoring, altering and integration testing.
Ensure a high quality level of data streams and diagnose performance or data quality issues.
- BSc or MSc degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or similar technical field of study.
- 2+ years’ experience in a professional software engineering environment.
- Experience running containerized distributed applications in production.
- Using a linux environment on a daily basis.
- Experience using modern CI/CD systems and best practices.
Worked within a data driven company and SaaS environment.
Affinity with Machine Learning.
Working at Dexter
- Work in a clean-tech scale-up that has an impact on the environment.
- Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team.
- Make decisions quickly in a low hierarchy environment.
- Learn a lot of things in a short time, from colleagues who are excited to share their knowledge (about the energy industry or anything else).
- Get to work in a modern Python + Docker + k8s microservices-based stack, with a well-tested codebase, standardized CI/CD pipelines, and passionately maintained documentation. We follow best practices to the bone and love to write great software!
- Collaborate within an ambitious team, which also values a healthy work-life balance. We encourage you to plan work around the hobbies that you want to pursue!
If you are interested in learning more about this position and what Dexter Energy Services can offer to you then please get in contact:
Jordan Cantlow, email@example.com / +31 6 855 607 326
Dexter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.