Energy is responsible for almost three quarters of worldwide greenhouse gas emissions. To reduce these emissions and fight climate change, more and more sectors of the economy are electrifying, and the production of this electricity is shifting towards wind and solar power. As this happens, power grids must maintain their key property of always perfectly balancing electricity supply and demand — an increasingly difficult task as more and more of the supply is influenced by the weather.
Dexter Energy Services is an Amsterdam-based startup that’s solving this problem using AI-based forecasting and optimization services for energy companies. Our software makes renewables more predictable and profitable, helping push fossil fuels out of the market, and speeding up the energy transition.
Following our recent Series A funding round, we are currently accelerating the growth of our company, and we are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our diverse team of curious, ambitious and highly-skilled people.
As part of our platform team, you will join the team that builds and maintains the backbone of our forecasting platform. You will work on our API, customer-facing administration UI and custom-built dashboards using technologies such as Python, Django, and Kubernetes.
- You are excited to join a company that is working towards a cleaner energy future.
- You care deeply about writing great software, following the latest best practices in terms of implementation details, documentation, and automated testing.
- You like to work in a fast-moving, small team that supports the entire company and all clients with its work.
Read more below.
What your team will be working on
Backend development of our APIs to store and serve all our timeseries data.
Optimize query performance in collaboration with data engineers.
Run everything smoothly on Kubernetes.
Building our internal and external dashboards, with Django + DRF on the backend and Vue.js on the frontend (done by our fullstack engineers).
Building and maintaining our client libraries.
- Worked with Python as the main language for the past 3+ years.
- 2+ years’ experience with Django or other Python web frameworks.
- Strong working knowledge of Postgres or another relational database.
- Understand how to properly secure an API.
- BSc in Computer Science or related quantitative field, or similar professional experience.
3+ years of experience in a backend/fullstack engineer role.
Have worked with “API-as-a-service” products before.
Affinity with data and ML services.
Working at Dexter
- Work in a clean-tech scale-up that has an impact on the environment.
- Build a cool company in a highly motivated and entrepreneurial team.
- Make decisions quickly in a low hierarchy environment.
- Learn a lot of things in a short time, from colleagues who are excited to share their knowledge (about the energy industry or other topics).
- Get to work in a modern Python + Docker + k8s microservices-based stack, with a well-tested codebase, standardized CI/CD pipelines, and maintained documentation. We follow best practices to the bone and love to write great software!
- Collaborate within an ambitious team, which also values a healthy work-life balance. We encourage you to plan work around the hobbies you want to pursue.
If you are interested in learning more about this position and what Dexter Energy Services can offer to you then please get in contact:
Jordan Cantlow, firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 855 607 326
Dexter is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or gender identity.